Developing a pipe line of leaders is one of the most important investments an organization can make to ensure future growth and sustainability. In fact, the ever present existence of change and the transformation of today’s workforce demographics demand that an organization purposefully manage their human capital in ways that have never been done before. Those organizations that fail to develop individuals so they can assume increasing management responsibilities will fall behind their competitors.
LSU Executive Education developed the 10-day Executive Development Program to serve as a resource and partner to any organization searching for a way to transform their managers into strong and effective leaders--the kind that can ensure growth and the future of a company.
This program is an approved Continuing Professional Development program with the Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board (LAPELS).
This demanding, in-residence educational experience is completed in less than four months.
Click here to apply.
Main Objectives Include:
- to prepare individuals to assume broader, general management responsibilities;
- to stimulate an awareness of the environment in which his or her organization operates and the factors that determine its success or failure;
- to present a framework of practical concepts and philosophies that can be immediately applied in the workplace;
- to increase a manager's productivity and to advance his or her long-term growth potential;
- to provide an educational meeting ground in which managers study and discuss common problems and exchange ideas;
- to improve the ability to communicate, negotiate, and influence;
- to infuse a high level of confidence and competence in participants;
- to form lasting friendships and networks, thereby widening their circle of business contacts; to assist participants with creating an individual development plan.
Coaching Sessions and the Creation of Individual Development Plans
Each participant will undergo a comprehensive feedback process that will give them insight into their work performance on the job. They will also have access to several coaching sessions with an experienced business coach that will assist them with developing an individual development plan (IDP). This IDP can then be used by your organization to encourage further professional development and to enhance overall performance improvement.
Who should attend?
- Employees with a minimum of five years of experience.
- Leaders who are working in technical/functional areas of the organization where an organization-wide point of view will prove helpful in their development.
- Leaders who have progressed rapidly within the organization or leaders who have been identified as having the capacity for greater responsibilities within the near future.
- Individuals who desire to sharpen their analytical and decision making skills.
"The LSU Executive Development Program experience has been the highlight of my career. The opportunity to be surrounded by such a talented group of professionals was a privilege. I feel I now have the basic tools needed for growth in my company. I developed personal relationships with professors, presenters, and classmates that will continue throughout my career. It was evident that the Executive Development Director and staff are truly concerned with my personal growth, as well as, my company's growth. Many thanks to all for putting the needed time and effort into this program to make it a success."
- D. Bailey, RoyOMartin
2017 Program Fees:
- Standard fee: $6,800.00
- Standard Early Bird Registration (click registration link for early bird registration deadline): $6,550.00
- Nonprofit and Government fee: $6,200.00
- Nonprofit and Government Early Bird Registration (click registration link for early bird registration deadline): $5,950.00
Fees include tuition, study materials, off-campus, most lunches and refreshments.
Participants may cancel their registration and receive a refund of their tuition if notification is submitted 15 business days prior to the date of the event. However, all cancellations will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. In addition, if any program assessments, tests, or reports are completed prior to the cancellation date, fees for these tools will be charged to the participant.
No refunds will be issued if cancellation is received 14 business days or less prior to the event.
LSU reserves the right to cancel for any reason without penalty to the participant.
To cancel, contact LSU Executive Education at 225-578-5516 or email@example.com
Participants or organizations are allowed to transfer a paid registration one time into a future program that is scheduled within one calendar year of the transfer date. Requests for additional transfers are not permitted. The above cancellation policy does not apply to transfer registrations. If you must cancel a transferred registration you will forfeit all registration, tuition, and fees.
LSU Executive Education reserves the right to cancel a program for any reason. If such a cancellation occurs, there will not be a penalty to the participant.
Application to this program is required. Class members are selected to ensure diversity of industry, experience, function, and size of organization to promote a strong peer learning environment.
The deadline for admission is one month prior to the start of the program. After the deadline date, each applicant will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis depending upon space availability.
All programs are held at the LSU Business Education Complex.
October 9 - 11, November 8 - 10, December 4 - 7, 2017
*Deadline to apply : Tuesday, September 12