One of our goals is to provide you the tools you require to succeed in your chosen field. To do so, we will help you tailor the program to a specialization that fits your needs. Whether you are interested in building on previous experience or contemplating a career change, the Flores MBA Program provides traditional and cutting-edge specializations to meet your career goals. The course offerings are continuously reviewed to meet the changing demands of the marketplace.
The full-time Flores MBA program currently offers specializations in the following areas:
- Analytics — Analytics involves studying past historical data to research potential trends, analyze the effects of certain decisions or events, or evaluate the performance of a given tool or scenario. The goal of analytics is to better the business or organization by gaining knowledge which can be used to make improvements or changes.
- Energy — The oil and gas industry comprises one of the world’s largest and most important industries. In fact, it is the lifeblood of Louisiana’s economy. Flores MBA students can pursue this new specialization through electives that include an overview course, as well as classes in mineral rights, energy law, finance, and analytics. They will also exposure to the energy industry through site visits, case competitions, industry speakers, conferences and expos, and industry-related internships.
- Finance — Finance is the study of how individuals, businesses, and organizations acquire and utilize capital (i.e. money). Two basic elements of finance include trade-offs between expected returns and risk and the importance of timing of future cash flows.
- Financial Planning — A financial planner is a practicing professional who provides direction for various aspects of personal finance, including: cash flow management, education planning, retirement planning, investment planning, risk management and insurance planning, tax planning, estate planning, and business succession planning (for business owners). This professional is guided by the financial planning process to create a detailed strategy tailored to a client’s specific situation and that meets specific goals. The key defining aspect of what the financial planner does is that he or she considers all questions, information, and advice as it impacts and is impacted by the financial and life situation of the client.
- Global Entrepreneurship
- Healthcare Management — Healthcare management includes the analysis and supervision of the overall healthcare structure with a focus on improving the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of the healthcare system. Healthcare management also focuses on the operations of healthcare providers and the management of the resources necessary for a provider to operate efficiently and productively.
- Human Resource Management — Human Resource Management (HRM) is the strategic approach to the overall management of an organization’s employees who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the company. Additionally, HRM is the organizational function that deals with issues such as compensation, hiring, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, communication, administration, and training.
- Internal Audit — Internal auditing is essentially a risk assurance and consulting function that serves an organization through operation, compliance, and financial evaluations. LSU’s Internal Auditing program is recognized globally as the leader in internal audit education. Faculty and students have won numerous international awards, including the International CIA Student High Achievement Award on the Certified Internal Auditor Examination in 19 of the last 26 years. LSUCIA students have received the International Sawyer Manuscript Award for the last three years.
- Management Consulting — Management consulting is the broadest sub industry in the consulting field. Management consultants serve as advisors to firms and offer solutions to improve organizational performance based on a detailed analysis of existing organizational strategy and resources in areas such as human capital, technical, and financial.
- Marketing Analytics — Marketing today is undergoing a fundamental shift – moving from a product-focused orientation (the brand manager) to a customer-centric approach (the customer experience manager). Driving this change are two complementary forces: (1) the emergence of “big data” and the wealth of individual customer insights taken from this data, and (2) the development of a data-driven culture of decision making based on technological and analytic tools not available even just a few years ago. Analytics are now applied to every aspect of marketing, ranging from the more traditional marketing-mix questions (media allocation, product design, pricing optimization, supply chain management) to the emerging customer-focused issues reflecting marketing’s embrace of the relationship paradigm (customer retention, customer relationship management, customer lifetime value). Yet this analytical orientation requires information, and the rise of “big data,” in terms of both its volume and scope, offers new frontiers to gain insights not available before, act on those insights, and dramatically improve the customer experience.
- Sports Business
- Customized — The LSU Flores MBA Program will allow you to work with its expert faculty to develop a specialization that will provide the skills you need to achieve your career goals.