One of our goals is to provide you the tools you require to succeed in your chosen field. To do so, we will help you tailor the program to a specialization that fits your needs. Whether you are interested in building on previous experience or contemplating a career change, the Flores MBA Program provides traditional and cutting-edge specializations to meet your career goals. The course offerings are continuously reviewed to meet the changing demands of the marketplace.
The full-time Flores MBA program currently offers specializations in the following areas:
- Analytics — Analytics involves studying past historical data to research potential trends, analyze the effects of certain decisions or events, or evaluate the performance of a given tool or scenario. The goal of analytics is to better the business or organization by gaining knowledge which can be used to make improvements or changes.
- Energy — The oil and gas industry comprises one of the world’s largest and most important industries. In fact, it is the lifeblood of Louisiana’s economy. Flores MBA students can pursue this new specialization through electives that include an overview course, as well as classes in mineral rights, energy law, finance, and analytics. They will also be exposed to the energy industry through site visits, case competitions, industry speakers, conferences and expos, and industry-related internships.
- Finance — Finance is the study of how individuals, businesses, and organizations acquire and utilize capital (i.e. money). Two basic elements of finance include trade-offs between expected returns and risk and the importance of timing of future cash flows.
- Global Entrepreneurship — This specialization is designed to explore the opportunities inherent in combining globalization with information technology and how to transform them into new products or services in existing firms and new ventures. It also emphasizes the creative process of entrepreneurs and how to pool and leverage globally networked resources to empower entrepreneurial thinking.
- Human Resource Management — Human Resource Management (HRM) is the strategic approach to the overall management of an organization’s employees who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the company. Additionally, HRM is the organizational function that deals with issues such as compensation, hiring, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, communication, administration, and training.
- Internal Audit — Internal auditing is essentially a risk assurance and consulting function that serves an organization through operation, compliance, and financial evaluations. LSU’s Internal Auditing program is recognized globally as the leader in internal audit education. Faculty and students have won numerous international awards, including the International CIA Student High Achievement Award on the Certified Internal Auditor Examination in 19 of the last 26 years. LSUCIA students have received the International Sawyer Manuscript Award for the last three years.
- Management Consulting — Management consulting is the broadest sub industry in the consulting field. Management consultants serve as advisors to firms and offer solutions to improve organizational performance based on a detailed analysis of existing organizational strategy and resources in areas such as human capital, technical, and financial.
- Sports Business
- Customized — The LSU Flores MBA Program will allow you to work with its expert faculty to develop a specialization that will provide the skills you need to achieve your career goals.