- Programs for LSU business faculty and students to participate in cultural and academic exchanges with faculty and students in leading universities in the developed and developing countries
- Programs for LSU non-business faculty and students to participate and enrich the global projects business faculty and students are engaging
- Business outreach in helping Louisiana-based companies to increase international skills and grow globally
- Academic outreach in promoting international business education in Louisiana in order to cultivate more entrepreneurial potential in a global marketplace
- Research and develop best practices of global economy to publish in leading global business research journals
- Curriculum development to educate and prepare future global business leaders
Currently, there are two major components in the Globalization Initiative: Emerging Markets
Initiative and International Cross-Disciplinary Seminar Series.
The E. J. Ourso College is Louisiana's premier public business school, dually charged to lead in both business education and research. We serve students from Louisiana and throughout the world by enabling learning and promoting related activities as we guide these students toward realizing their potential for living productive lives. We promote improvement within business by conducting and publicizing research that better informs the world's academic, governmental, and business forums. Through our faculty, students and alumni, we provide a direct link to the region's business community while actively participating in the global academic community.