1899: LSU organizes a four-year course in commerce leading to a bachelor’s degree.
1908: The University changes from fixed four-year courses to organization into colleges. Due to limited funding, a College of Commerce was prevented and the course in commerce was merged with the College of Arts & Sciences.
June 11, 1928: College of Commerce established by University Board of Supervisors at its annual meeting. It was agreed that the college would be housed in Himes Hall with J.B. Trant presiding as the first dean.
1931: College receives accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
1935: The University begins to offer the Master of Business Administration (MBA)
1957: William D. Ross named second dean.
1959: College reorganized and renamed College of Business Administration.
1962: LSU Executive Education established.
1977: Donald L. Woodland named third dean.
1978: College moves into the Center for Engineering and Business Administration (CEBA).
1984: James A. Richardson named acting dean.
1984: Public Administration Institute established.
1985: James B. Henry named fourth dean.
1985: Center for Internal Auditing established.
1985: Real Estate Research Institute established.
1988: Louisiana Business & Technology Center established.
1995: John L. Glascock named interim dean.
1996: Thomas D. Clark Jr. named fifth dean.
1996: College renamed in honor of benefactor E. J. Ourso as the E. J. Ourso College of Business Administration.
1996: MBA Program renamed in honor of James C. and Cherie H. Flores. It is to be referred to as the Flores MBA Program.
1996: Department of Management renamed in honor of William W. and Catherine M. Rucks IV. It is to be referred to as the Rucks Department of Management.
1996: Hall of Distinction established to recognize the accomplishments of individuals who have a strong association with the college of business and have distinguished themselves through their personal and civic achievements.
1996: College reaccredited by AACSB.
1997: The Louisiana Institute for Entrepreneurial Education and Family Business Studies is established.
2002: William R. Lane named interim dean.
2002: Securities Markets Analysis Research Trading (SMART) Lab established
April 2003: The Louisiana Institute for Entrepreneurial Education and Family Business Studies renamed the Entrepreneurship Institute.
July 1, 2003: Robert T. Sumichrast begins tenure as sixth dean.
2005: College name shortened to E. J. Ourso College of Business.
December 18, 2005: E. J. Ourso, the college’s namesake, passes away at the age of 82.
April 23, 2006: College reaccredited by AACSB.
February 23, 2007: The Stephenson Disaster Management Institute is established.
May 16, 2007: The Entrepreneurship Institute is renamed in honor of Emmet and Toni Stephenson. It is to be referred to as the Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute.
July 1, 2007: William R. Lane named interim dean.
July 13, 2007: LSU Board of Supervisors approves renaming of CEBA to honor Patrick F. Taylor.
September 8, 2007: CEBA officially rededicated as Patrick F. Taylor Hall.
July 1, 2008: Eli Jones begins tenure as seventh dean.
March 19, 2010: Groundbreaking Ceremony for Business Education Complex held. Among special guests in attendance were Governor Bobby Jindal.
June 2, 2010: LSU Stephenson Disaster Management Institute partners with Louisiana Economic Development, the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s National Incident Management Systems and Advanced Technologies Institute to open the Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center.
November 5, 2010: Topping Out ceremony was held to commemorate the placement of the final steel beam on the Business Education Complex.
April 8, 2011: Inaugural LSU One Hundred Luncheon Held
March 2, 2012 - Ribbon Cutting scheduled for the Business Education Complex