The LSUCIA Case Studies course covers 100 internal audit topics in a team presentation format. Each team makes about 10 presentations during the week with significant critique from all attendees (students, faculty, and practitioners).
Objectives of this course are five-fold:
- Prepare students for internship
- Exposure to 100 relevant internal audit topics
- Improve presentation skills
- Cover topics that are on the Certified Internal Auditor exam
The course is designed to address the five top attributes that recruiters look for in entry-level internal auditors:
- Oral communication skills
- Work ethic
Typically, the instruction team includes the LSUCIA staff. Instruction is also provided by alumni, practitioners, and former faculty.
This course also includes preparation of a research paper on several timely internal audit topics.