One of our goals is to provide you the tools you require to succeed in your chosen field. To do so, we will help you tailor the program to a specialization that fits your needs. Whether you are interested in building on previous experience or contemplating a career change, the Flores MBA Program provides traditional and cutting-edge specializations to meet your career goals. The course offerings are continuously reviewed to meet the changing demands of the marketplace.
The full-time Flores MBA program currently offers specializations in the following areas:
- Healthcare Management — Healthcare management is a includes the analysis and management of the overall healthcare structure focusing on improving effectiveness, efficiency, and quality. It also looks at the operations of healthcare providers and the management of resources necessary for a healthcare provider to operate efficiently and productively.
- Finance — Finance is the study of how individuals, businesses, and organizations acquire and utilize capital (i.e. money). Two basic elements of finance include trade-offs between expected returns and risk and the importance of timing of future cash flows.
- Financial Planning- Financial planning provides students with the knowledge to prepare financial plans for people covering various aspects of personal finance. Examples include: cash flow management, educations planning, retirement planning, and investment planning.
- Human Resource Management— Human Resource Management is the strategic approach to the overall management of an organization's employees who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the company. Topics include compensation, hiring, performance management, and benefits.
- Internal Audit — Internal Auditing is essentially a risk assurance and consulting function that serves an organization through operation, compliance, and financial evaluations.
- Marketing Analytics — If you want to contribute to the long-term growth and success of an organization by promoting various products to various publics, this specialization could be your calling.
- Global Entrepreneurship— Global Entreprenuership combines globalization with information technology to produce various new business opportunities. The specialization emphasizes the creative thought process of entrepreneurs and how to pool and leverage globally networked resources to empower entrepreneurial thinking.
- Supply Chain Management — Supply Chain Management is the coordination of resources and activities across multiple organizations to ensure the right products are available at the right time, at the right place, and at the right cost.
- Analytics — Analytics is the application of statistices and operations research using information technologies to solve problems in business and industry.
- Customized- The LSU Flores MBA Program will allow you to work with its expert faculty to develop a specialization that will provide the skills you need to achieve your career goals.
- Management Consulting — Management Consultants serve as advisors to firms to offer solutions to improve organizational performance based on a detailed analysis of existing organizational strategy and resources in areas such as human capital, technical, and financial. The management consulting specialization may best be leveraged by taking it in concert with another market-driven specialization such as Finance, Analytics, Human Resource Management, Globalization, or Internal Audit. This specialization requires a team-based, real-world field project under the instruction of executive mentors.