The Dean's Excellence fund is made up of unrestricted gifts from the E. J. Ourso College of Business’ dedicated alumni and friends. Gifts to the Dean's Excellence Fund allow us to immediately enhance the educational experience for our students by bolstering our college's programs, faculty, and facilities.
Gifts to the Dean's Excellence fund are among the most important and valuable forms of support to the E. J. Ourso College because they can be used where the need is greatest.
Every gift, regardless of size, makes a difference. We know that many of our alumni, especially young alumni, are starting new jobs, buying houses, and starting families. Therefore, the E. J. Ourso College values participation rather than the size of the gift.
Gifts at Work
Gifts to the Dean's Excellence Fund allow alumni and friends to provide some of the following:
- Travel stipends to allow students to travel internationally and experience global business
- Competitive scholarships for promising undergraduate and graduate students
- International study abroad for undergraduate and graduate students
- New computer hardware and software for research and teaching
- Summer research stipends for faculty
- Support for four of the college's key growth initiatives, including globalization, supply chain management, diversity, and doctoral student support.
- The number of alumni supporting the college is factored into national rankings, which means your gift increases the value of your degree.
- Money from the Dean’s Excellence Fund has been used to supplement a number of scholarships. If 20 alumni donated $50, that would fund a $1,000 scholarship for a qualified business student.
- LSU receives less than 50 percent financial support from the state to operate the University. Now more than ever, the Dean’s Excellence Fund plays a critical role in our ability to sustain the highest level of excellence in business education.
- There are approximately 30,000 E. J. Ourso College alumni. If every alum donated $20 each year that would provide the college with a remarkable $600,000 annually.
Make a Difference Today
We invite you to make a difference today at the E. J. Ourso College by making an annual gift to the Dean's Excellence Fund.
By Check - Please make checks payable to the LSU Foundation and write "E. J. Ourso College Dean's Excellence Fund" in the designated memo section. Send checks to:
Office of Advancement
E. J. Ourso College of Business
Louisiana State University
Business Education Complex
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
By Credit Card - You can also make an online gift to the Dean's Excellence Fund by using a Visa, MaterCard, American Express, or Discover card at the LSU Foundation's Web site. Please enter your contact information and select the "E. J. Ourso College of Business" as the beneficiary unit in the Donation For: dropdown box. Then select "Dean's Excellence Fund" from the dropdown box below.
You can opt to make monthly pledge payments for your gift to the Dean's Excellence Fund. For example, if you pledge a $500 annual gift, your credit card will be charged $41.66 once a month.
The Dean's Circle
The Dean's Circle is a special group of committed alumni and friends of the E. J. Ourso College who support the academic and development goals of the college through their annual investment of $1,000 or more to the Dean's Excellence Fund. To learn how you can become a member, please click here.
For more information on how to invest in the Dean’s Excellence Fund, please contact: